Thursday, April 17, 2014

Because of Him


 Do you know who this is?

 
Because of Him you don't have to feel alone in this world. He is our personal Savior. His name is Jesus Christ. He was sent to this earth to live and die for us. He suffered every feeling of pain, regret, sorrow, heartache, depression, loneliness, illness, etc. He has felt it all. He is the One who was nailed to the cross. He, however, is the One who rose again three days later.

When we think no one else in this world knows what we are feeling we can take comfort in the knowledge that He is our faithful friend who will never leave us alone. When we feel like our world around us is crashing down we are able to find peace in His way. When we feel like all hope is lost, we can count on Him to take us by the hand and guide us to a better tomorrow. When we can't seem to find our way out of darkness, we can trust in Him to be our light.

He knows you. He knows how to help you. He stands before us beckoning us to "come unto Him" and be healed.

"Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail.
Behold, I do not condemn you; go your ways and sin no more; perform with soberness the work which I have commanded you.
Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not.
Behold the wounds which pierced my side, and also the prints of the nails in my hands and feet; be faithful, keep my commandments, and ye shall inherit the kingdom of heaven. Amen." D & C 6:34
 
"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I HAVE OVERCOME THE WORLD." John 16:13

#BecauseofHim I have become a new person

2 comments:

  1. I think this is a great post.

    But despite the fact that I'm already a believer, I would suggest that you add something personal about how you know Christ. People want to get to know you before they get to know your God. We need to learn how to be around unbelievers so that we can better evangelize from their point of view and not ours. Jesus was very personal in his ministry on earth and this post is kind of distant. Try using first person in your writing. How have you become a new person? You have not answered that question to the reader.

    That being said, good job on being a voice for Jesus on the WWW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your comment and constructive criticism! For this post I was more like paying a tribute for the Easter season. I invite you to read my past posts in my blog as well! Those are very personalized. Thank you again, and thank you for reading!

    ReplyDelete