Sunday, March 2, 2014

Our Royal Search

Imagine this...
You go to sleep at night, looking forward to a good nights rest...all of the sudden you wake up outside, in the dark, cold night, and don't exactly know how you got there or what was happening...you start crying and screaming for someone to help you....

Pretty scary right?

This actually happened to me when I was younger and lived in Alaska where there were bears!! Lucky me, my Dad got to me before the bears :)

I have felt this same "lost" and "confused" feeling this past week. I don't really know why I am on my mission, why I wake up everyday in Tennessee and not in Washington, and what my purpose is here.


GIRLS.... do you ever feel like that? Like your just another person in this giant world and that NOBODY understands what you are going through? Sometimes I feel like Mia Thermopollous from Princess Diaries who gets sat on all the time by the cute popular cheerleaders of the world because I'm apparently "invisible".


Just as Mia found her purpose as a Princess and later a Queen in her life, we are all on the grand search of what our purpose is in our own lives. Ask yourselves this...Why are you where you are right now, in this very second? How did you get there? What decisions led you to that specific place? But most importantly why are you there?


Through my high school years up until now I have searched up and down and around everything to find the "why" of everything. Finally after a lot of heartache, mistakes, and hitting rock bottom I KNOW why I am here. Why I am here sitting on this computer in Hermitage, TN writing to all of you. I know why I decided to come on a mission. I know why I decided to come to this earth.


You want to know what the greatest part about all of this? I KNOW that YOU decided to come to this earth and live this life also. As I've studied the Bible and Book of Mormon and listened to prophets, and prayed my heart out I KNOW that each one of us chose, before this life, to follow our Perfect Brother Jesus Christ and because of that decision you were given a beautiful body to live this life in and experience the joy that you get when you see your very best friend and the sorrow you feel when nothing goes right.


                                                

YOU HAVE A PURPOSE TO LIFE.


We might have our Mia moments or a moment like mine where you wake up from life and and don't quite know where you are. That is the moment that I invite you to get on your knees and pray. Pray to whatever God you believe in and ask for direction, comfort, peace, love, guidance, whatever you feel that you are in need of. I promise you that you will receive the very thing you are asking for, as you pray in faith. The scriptures say, "Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him."  You are His daughter and He knows you better than you think and knows what is in store for your life. Just as you wish to ask your teacher for help during a test, YOU CAN ASK FOR HELP FROM YOUR FATHER IN HEAVEN during this earthy test or what we call life!


"Never forget that you came to earth as a child of the divine Father, with something of divinity in your very makeup. The Lord did not send you here to fail. He did not give you life to waste it. He bestowed upon you the gift of mortality that you might gain experience—positive, wonderful, purposeful experience—that will lead to life eternal. He has given you this glorious Church, His Church, to guide you and direct you, to give you opportunity for growth and experience, to teach you and lead you and encourage you, to bless you with eternal marriage, to seal upon you a covenant between you and Him that will make of you His chosen daughter, one upon whom He may look with love and with a desire to help. May God bless you richly and abundantly, my dear young friends, His wonderful daughters." -President Gordon B. Hinckley    
Don't lose hope my dear sisters! You have something amazing to do in this life! Be like Princess Mia and find your purpose and achieve it! You have a Heavenly King as your Father and He is waiting for you to become His PRINCESS








No comments:

Post a Comment